Makes: 10 to 12 mini cake pans
Prep time: 10 to 15 minutes
Bake time: 7 to 10 minutes
1 tsp. Boncafé Mocca Freeze-Dried Instant coffee
125g unsalted butter
145g dark chocolate buttons
80g fine sugar
2 tbsp. plain flour
2 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 195˚C to 210˚C.
2. Combine the dark chocolate buttons and unsalted butter together in a whisking bowl.
3. Place it in a microwave oven, turn to high, microwave it for 90 seconds or until the chocolate and butter are totally melted.
4. Whisk the melted chocolate and butter together until it has uniform colour and texture or for about 7 to 8 minutes. This will also cool down the chocolate mixture.
5. Add in the coffee, sugar and flour; whisk them well together.
6. Keep whisking for another 2 minutes, then add in the egg yolks and whole eggs.
7. Continue stirring and whisking until the mixture has uniform colour and texture.
8. Butter the mould and dust it with flour to easily unmould the cake after.
9. Pour the mixture into the mould and bake it for 7 to 9 minutes or until the sides of the cakes are firm and the centres are soft.
10. Allow to cool for 1 minute.
11. Carefully turn each one over or spoon them to unmould.
12. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Optional: Top with Vanilla ice cream